Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Roshans make up for Bachchans' absence

Even Hrithik's grandfather J Om Prakash was at IIFA

The Bachchan clan was sorely missed at the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) awards in Sri Lanka but the Roshan family seemed to make up for their absence as Hrithik's filmmaker grandfather J. Om Prakash too walked in to receive a special award.

So the entire family - Hrithik, his wife Suzanne Roshan, father Rakesh Roshan, mother Pinky, sister Sunaina along with her husband, and maternal grandparents - attended the glitzy ceremony.

The reason for this togetherness was that Om Prakash, who has made films like 'Aap Ki Kasam' (1974), 'Aasha' (1980) and 'Aas Paas' (1981), was honoured for his outstanding contribution to cinema. And the award was presented to him by grandson Hrithik.

Getting nostalgic, Om Prakash said that the biggest achievement for him is that people now know him as Hrithik's 'naana' (maternal grandfather).

"I am fully content with what I have achieved and I feel that I have accomplished everything now. My life is complete. But the biggest achievement for me today is that I am recognised as Duggu's (Hrithik's nickname) grandfather," Om Prakash said at the award ceremony.

0 comments:

Post a Comment