Saturday, June 05, 2010

Mandira Bedi still 'Shanti' for Sri Lankans

Mandira Bedi, who became popular after playing the title role in the 1990s' TV serial Shanti, says she is still remembered by the character's name in Sri Lanka.

"Have been to Sri Lanka more than 40 times over the last 10 years. The people are so hospitable and incredibly warm. They still call me Shanti," Mandira, who is currently in Colombo for the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) awards, posted on micro-blogging site Twitter.

"(On) my first visit here, thousands of people lined the streets to see me. I got more love here in the 'Shanti' days than I got at home... Nostalgic to be back to the beautiful island with beautiful people," she wrote.

Mandira doesn't act these days as she is more inclined towards hosting live events and sports shows.

0 comments:

Post a Comment