Saturday, June 12, 2010

Big B was missed a lot at IIFA: Jacqueline Fernandez

Sri Lankan beauty Jacqueline Fernandez, who played the host at this year's IIFA said that brand ambassador Amitabh Bachchan, who skipped the event, was missed immensely by the film fraternity.

"Absolutely, we really missed him this year. We were really hoping to see him because we are all such big fans. But I am sure he had his reasons for not being there which is understandable. I am sure he'll make it to Sri Lanka this year or once again," Jacqueline said.

The 67-year-old megastar had skipped the IIFA weekend held in Colombo amidst protests from the Tamils in India and the southern film industry.

"Despite all the fuss we had a good turnout this year and lot of stars attended like Salman Khan, Bipasha Basu, Kareena Kapoor and Sanjay Dutt," said Jacqueline who was in the capital to attend the US Asia Business Forum.

The former Miss Sri Lanka admits she was elated to perform at the event, where she also bagged the best Debutante award for Aladin. "I was very happy to be nominated. They called my name and I was in shock. It was an award I was able to win in my country with my own people cheering for me. My performance was traditional and I was nervous since it was the opening performance and in front of the whole film fraternity. But a lot of people appreciated it," she said.

Jacqueline, who has shared screen space with Riteish Deshmukh in her two films till date and in the item number she did in 'Housefull', however kept mum on her relationship status. "There will always be rumours, it's something you need to know and prepare for even before you enter the industry. Riteish has been a wonderful co-star. He never helped me in

dialogues but he has taught me a bit of Marathi," she said.

The 26-year-old beauty, was also full of praise for actor Salman Khan who joined hands for the 'Habitat for Humanity' project in Lanka to adopt and rebuild a village for refugees. "We were so delighted to have Salman with us to support the cause and really thank him for being there for helping build houses."

Open to all kind of roles, she would love to star opposite any of the three 'Khans' in the future."I would like to work with any Khan, I am not fussy about it. I also want to act with younger actors like Imran, Neil as they are of my age so it would be fun."

“I am learning Hindi and fascinated by it. Five years down the line I do see myself in India because I am enjoying it here and feel at home. Everyone has been fantastic and I don't think about competition as everyone has their own space," she added.

Jacqueline will next been in seen in Milap Zaveri's untitled upcoming project.

0 comments:

Post a Comment