Friday, May 21, 2010

Anil Kapoor to lock horns with Muralitharan in IIFA Sri Lanka

Muthiah Muralitharan is a name that scares many a seasoned batsman but Anil Kapoor is looking forward to face the ace spinner during an IIFA charity match in Sri Lanka.

The actor has not practised the game for a long time but that has not diminished his confidence. "I am a great batsman and I am not scared to face Muralitharan," Kapoor said.
Asked whether he was preparing himself for the big day, Kapoor, 50, said he did not need much practice. 

"I have not played much cricket. I think the last time I played the game was in IIFA only but I don't need much practice because as I said before I am great with bat," Kapoor added.
The India International Film Academy Awards (IIFA) will also organise a special cricket match between B-Town superstars and Sri Lankan cricketers. 

Forming the Indian side will be Bollywood A-listers like like Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan, Saif Ali Khan Hrithik Roshan while Sri Lankan side will include players like Muralitharan, Sanath Jayasuriya, Kumar Sangakkara, Arvind De Silva.


The 'Cricket for Children' match will raise money to rehabilitate children displaced during the 30-year-long civil war in the country. Kapoor is also planning to present his home production 'Aisha', starring daughter Sonam Kapoor and Abhay Deol during the IIFA. 

"I am trying my best to take 'Aisha to IIFA. We are actually racing against time to finish work on it," Kapoor said.
The awards extravaganza will be held in Colombo from June 3-5 and will be hosted by Boman Irani, Lara Dutta and Riteish Deshmukh. 

Muralitharan, who also unveiled the uniform to the media here, said he was looking forward to the match. "It is going to be a star versus cricketers. Sri Lankans have watch us so many times. I don't think they will come to watch us but the stadium will be packed because people love Bollywood. I think 50-60 per cent watch Hindi and Tamil films," he said. 

"I am very familiar with Indian cinema I watch both Tamil films and Hindi films. I know all the actors and try to catch on a good movie once in a while," the cricketer said. 

When asked whether he would like to act in a Bollywood film, Muralitharan said, "I am not good enough. I think I am best doing what I am doing." 

The T20 match is being organised by IIFA, Sri Lanka Cricket Board and UNICEF.

0 comments:

Post a Comment