Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Farah Khan chooses My Name Is Khan over IIFA Awards



Khan chooses My Name Is Khan over an awards event where she will win for Desi Girl

Farah Khan has her priorities all sorted out. Her babies and family first, then her friends aur baaki sab, unke baad.

Khan will be given the Best Choreography award for 'Desi Girl' (a track from Dostana) at a forthcoming international awards event but instead, will dance direct a song picturised on Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol for Karan Johar's My Name is Khan. The song will herald the comeback of Karan, SRK, Kajol and Farah quartet after Farah's choreography for Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham's Suraj Hua Madham track.

Says Farah, "The awards organisers are presenting me with the award for Desi Girl but I explained that I couldn't go. I can't leave my babies (Anya, Diva and Czar) for such a long time. I am already committed to Karan for the song in MNIK and I can't leave my babies twice.

Karan had asked me six months ago to direct his song. Also I will be working while the awards event will be more like a holiday. I am very friendly with the organisers and they understood. There is no rancour with them. Tarun Mansukhani (the director of Dostana) or Abhishek might pick up my award."

Farah adds that Karan was sweet enough to even adjust his dates for her. "Initially I was to go for eight days to San Francisco but then he reduced it to four. It's always fun to work with Shah Rukh, Kajol and Karan. Though I am very excited to be shooting with the gang again I can't stay without my babies for four days. I don't know what I am going to do."

But hasn't Karan always maintained that MNIK is a songless film? "It's a montage song with the song and music playing in the background. Shah Rukh and Kajol won't have much movement or steps to do," she explains.
Farah had also directed a song on Barbara Mori and Hrithik Roshan for Kites. Avers Farah, "The song picturised on Barbara and Hrithik was a proper salsa dance number hot and sensuous."

0 comments:

Post a Comment