Saturday, May 23, 2009

Belly dance by Kareena at IIFA awards

Actress Kareena Kapoor is set to sizzle on stage for the third time in a row for the IIFA awards. This time she will wow audiences with her newly acquired belly-dancing skills on a “Billu” number.
The 10th International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) awards will take place next month in Macau.

“I’m performing at the awards this year and I am taking belly dancing classes for my act. This will be the first awards event I perform at this year,” femalefirst.co.uk quoted Kareena as saying.

“I’ve become very choosy about where I perform. I am performing at the award show as it gives me an international standing. This is the third consecutive year I will be performing for them,” added the actress.

A source close to the actress disclosed that Kareena is the highest-paid actress in the show lineup. Her act will be an all-out “Billu” performance with a Turkish-Arabian feel.

Manish Malhotra is designing her outfits. In one of the acts, she will be dressed like an Arabian princess with gold harem pants made of silk, satin and lace.

So is she also going to perform for Saif Ali Khan?

“Well he’s attending the awards as he’s having a press show for his home production ‘Love Aaj Kal’, so he better be watching my act,” said Kareena.

0 comments:

Post a Comment